Circle IT Solutions
From Good to Great – HR as a Strategic Partner
Our challenge was more of an ongoing struggle to raise the profile of human resources as a strategic partner in our business, as we know that our people are what give us our productivity, drive our profit and enable our success.
The team is dedicated to making this a reality and has made great strides this year. The team has had investment from the business and was invited to be first on the agenda in the monthly board meetings with Human Resources reporting directly to the CEO.
This is a result of the great work HR does everyday for Circle IT and the focus on business outcomes and the commercial aspects of the organisation. The team is passionate about everything HR, living and breathing the People strategy to deliver value to our business.
Coastal Housing Group
Embedding a Successful Well-being Strategy Based on What Matters
Our people matter to us, and one of the ways we show this is by focussing on what matters to them.
Through a series of workshops, we gained rich and honest feedback which enabled us to understand concerns, and develop a holistic health and well-being strategy which is employee led, embedded into both the work that we do, how we do that work, and the environment in which we all work.
• recruited 16 volunteer wellbeing champions
• redesigned our office to encourage innovative ways of working
• created drop-in hubs in our communities
• improved facilities available to site-based colleagues
• achieved a cultural shift enabling choice, greater trust and more autonomy in roles
• abolished core hours and set break/lunch breaks
• improved communications – removing barriers between office-based and site-based colleagues
July to September 2018 has seen a 4% reduction in absence levels which colleagues tell us is due to the positive impact the changes in their working environment have made – they feel more trusted and empowered to get on with their jobs, with the freedom to work in a space and way that matters to them, and seek time out from the work when it matters to them.